Scrappers Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photographing layouts

4 posters

Go down

Photographing layouts Empty Photographing layouts

Post by clmk523 Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:02 am

Anybody have tips on making your layouts look good when photographing them? I'm just starting to share online and not very happy with some of the photos.
clmk523
clmk523

Back to top Go down

Photographing layouts Empty Re: Photographing layouts

Post by Ingrid Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 pm

It's very important that you take the picture in full daylight, preferably outside. I place the LO on the ground/floor and stand over it. Afterwards I edit it slightly in Photoshop or Picasa - crop, and adjust the colours (if needed) Very Happy
Ingrid
Ingrid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou Collins Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Exactly what Ingrid said, but I also tend to use a colour picker in one of the photo editing suites to pick the colour from the edge of my page, and fill in any small gaps I may have where my LO wasn't quite straight!

If you really struggle to get them photographed and snapped straight, try adding a stand, or setting a scene to include in your photo so that the photo doesn't have to be quite lined up right! Check these out....

Photographing layouts So%20Lucky

Photographing layouts DSC00083

Photographing layouts Bathtime%20Faces
Lou Collins
Lou Collins
Admin

http://scrapprentice.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Photographing layouts Empty Photo

Post by lifeofascrappertoccara Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:54 am

I have found that if you take them outside when it is sunny without the flash it makes them come out better and also if you take thepicture with the Layout standing up. Put something behind it to make it stand up straight, and use the close up feature on your camera if you have one and zoom in accordingling. When using your camera's features for cropping see if they have a free form crop. So you can crop the way you want to and cropping will be simple if you use the tips. And make sure you enhance your photo of the layout. And again don't use the flash!

Thanks, hope this helps
lifeofascrappertoccara
lifeofascrappertoccara

http://lifeofascrappertoccara.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingrid Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Lou, I love the background settings - especially the bath one! gonna harve to try that! Very Happy
Ingrid
Ingrid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum