Scrappers Block Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!)

4 posters

Go down

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Empty Re: Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!)

Post by lifeofascrappertoccara Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Hello I have posted my bugs tutorial in the gallery! I used dotted lines. I used to teach at a daycare and the dotted lines have always caught my eye!

Thanks, Toccara
lifeofascrappertoccara
lifeofascrappertoccara

http://lifeofascrappertoccara.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Empty Re: Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!)

Post by Lou Collins Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:03 pm

These are great Jill, and I love what a difference the outlining makes! Thanks for sharing!
Lou Collins
Lou Collins
Admin

http://scrapprentice.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingrid Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Oh, my! WOW! Those are just GORGEOUS!!!! thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Ingrid
Ingrid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Empty Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!)

Post by Jill Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 am

Have you ever been stuck and not had the right embellishments on hand? The stores are closed and so you are out of luck ... or maybe not! Why not try your hand at creating your own.

In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to make 3 of your own embellishments - from scratch.

I have made some cute little bugs: a bee, a butterfly and a caterpillar. These are perfect to make cards with or you can group them all on a layout!!

Supply List:

- scissors
- scrap pattern paper in orange, yellow, pink. You'll also need minimal scraps in blue and green.
- a black fine point pen or marker
- glue
- white cardstock
- signo pen (optional)
- red paint or red pen (optional)

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Supplies2

First up is the caterpillar:

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Caterpillar2

Step 1: Cut 8 circles out of green pp. I just cut mine free hand. It's okay if they aren't perfect, adds to the cuteness!

Step 2: Glue them onto a piece of white cardstock. Start with the tail and move toward the head. Put some up higher - when you get to the head, make sure it's higher than the rest.

Step 3: Trace the pattern paper circles with your black marker/pen. Press lightly and do a couple of lines. Go out onto the cardstock, cut into the circle a it - don't be perfect! Add two eyes and a smile.

Step 4: Cut the caterpillar out or leave on white cardstock if you prefer.If you like, use your signo pen to put a teeny speck of white on the eye and use the red paint or pen to put a glow at the ends of the smile.

Next is the bee

This one is probably the easiest:

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Bee4

Step 1: Cut out an oval of the orange pp and two strips from the yellow pp. Glue the strips onto the oval.

Step 2: Outline the oval and strips of pp. Add wings and the face.

Step 3: Cut the bee out or leave on white cardstock if you prefer. If you like, use your signo pen to put a teeny speck of white on the eye and use the red paint or pen to put a glow at the ends of the smile.

Lastly, we have the butterfly

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Butterfly30

Step 1: Cut four wings out (2 from the pink pp and 2 out of the orange pp). Cut a body and a head out of the yellow pp. Cut some mini circles out of the blue and green pp.

Step 2: Glue it together (as shown in diagram)

Step 2: Outline all the pieces of the pattern paper with your pen/marker. Add wings and the face.

Step 3: Cut the butterfly out or leave on white cardstock if you prefer.If you like, use your signo pen to put a teeny speck of white on the eye and use the red paint or pen to put a glow at the ends of the smile.

Here are 2 images of my finished bugs:

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) All310
Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) All32

I used mine on cards:

Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Hello-butterfly-card
Tutorial - Creating handmade embellishments (bugs!) Busyasabee

Some additional tips:
You can mount these on cardstock or use pop dots for some added "pop"
You can google any image (go to google and then use the "image" tab) for embellishment ideas. If you are doing a soccer layout, go there and type in "soccer ball". You can print and mount on cardstock or you can simply make your own as I did above!

Happy Scrappin'!
Jill

Jill
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down